Life as a Latter-day Saint
By Krista Cook
- LDS Temples
- Marriage and Families
- LDS Singles and Dating
- Missions and Missionaries
- LDS Standards and Values
Why are temples so important to Latter-day Saints? What goes on in the temple and how are people married in a temple? If someone has been married in a temple can they get divorced?
- 8 Reasons Why Temples Are Important
- What Is a Mormon Temple?
- What Is a Temple Marriage?
- What Ordinances Do Mormons Perform?
- Temple Divorce: Applying for a Temple Sealing Cancellation
- What Is the Temple Garment?
- 10 Ways to Spiritually Prepare to Enter the Temple
- The Salt Lake Temple
- How Has the Temple Blessed You?
- Take This Temple Trivia Quiz
Marriage and Families
We believe that families can be together for all time and eternity. Having healthy and loving families and marriages are extremely important to Latter-day Saints and so we strive to do all those things that will help us be better people, parents, spouses, and children.
- How to Have an Eternal Family
- The Family: A Proclamation to the World
- 12 Ways to Have a Happy Marriage
- Can Mormons Divorce?
- Chastity: Sexual Fidelity within Marriage
- Top Christian Books on Marriage
- What Is Family Home Evening?
- Why Is Motherhood Important?
- Are Mormon Women Oppressed?
- How do you Raise Teens to be Modest in an Immodest World?
- Menu and Meal Planning Chart
- Should Mothers Work Outside the Home?
- Mormon Women and Abuse
- Do Men Use the Priesthood to Control Women?
LDS Singles and Dating
Being single in the Church of Jesus Christ can sometimes be hard, especially with the Church's focus on marriage and families. These resources include articles on dating and several reviews of LDS single sites.
- Guidelines for LDS Dating
- How to Know Who to Marry
- Law of Chastity: Sexual Purity
- Is Abortion Wrong?
- Top 10 LDS Singles Sites
- Simple Dating Ideas
- Is Love Possible on the Internet?
- Share Your Online LDS Dating Success Story
- Read Others' Online LDS Dating Success Stories
- How to Be Strong While Single
Missions and Missionaries
Being a missionary is an important part of life as a Latter-day Saint. What is a mission? How does the application process work and how should one prepare for a mission? What should a missionary expect at the Missionary Training Center? Find the answers in these detailed articles about life as an LDS missionary.
- What Is an LDS Mission?
- How To Apply for a Mission
- What to Expect at the Missionary Training Center
- 10 Practical Ways to Prepare for an LDS Mission
LDS Standards and Values
Our 13th Article of Faith gives an excellent summary of our standards: 'We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul: We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things.'
- Moral Cleanliness: Law of Chastity
- The Sexual Sins of Same-Sex Attraction
- Why Is Modesty Important?
- What Is Our Divine Potential?
- How to Overcome Stress
- The Freedom to Choose
- 15 Ways to Serve God
- Ways to Give Humanitarian Service
- What Do We Believe About Abuse?
- How the Media Effects Our Lives
- 13 Articles of Faith
- The Power of Prayer
It is extremely important for members of the Church of Jesus Christ to continually grow in knowledge and understanding. This is done in a multitude of ways, including daily scripture study, spiritual preparation, and personal application.
- 10 Spiritual Gifts to Give the Savior
- How to Study the Scriptures
- Developing Skills and Talents
- Why Do We Need Humility?
- 10 Ways to Have Humility
- Why Should We Have Charity?
- Giving Service with a Cheerful Heart
- Service: More Than a Casserole
- 11 Ways to Show Thanksgiving to God
- Why Education Is Important
- 10 Ways to Be Spiritually Prepared
- 10 Ways to Prepare for Personal Revelation
- How to Personally Apply Truth
- How to Make and Achieve Your Goals
- Patience is a Process of Perfection
- The Power of Diligence
- Apply What You Learn from General Conference
- It's a Spiritual Experiment
Life's trials can range anywhere from small to severe but they all have one thing in common, they test us. As our faith is tested through our trials and temptations it helps to have some guidance and support in overcoming them. Hopefully these resources will help you in overcoming adversity.
- How to Have Faith During Trials
- Overcoming Addiction and Destructive Behaviors
- How to Be Happy
- Hope for Those Struggling With Same-Sex Attraction
- Why Are We Temptated and Have Trials?
- Why Suffering Is Necessary
- How to Have Hope
- Stress From a LDS Perspective
- What Is a Patriarchal Blessing?
- Satan and His Attack on Prayer
- Miracle or Tragedy, We Praise God
- Satan Tries to Destroy Our Happiness
- How to Fortify Ourselves with the Armor of God
- Why Does the Lord Test Us?
- How Do I Return to Church?
- Mormon Women and Abuse
- Trust in God: Tandem Bike Story
- Addiction Recovery Video
Family History (Genealogy) is very important to Latter-day Saints because we believe in being an eternal family throughout all our generations- past, present and future. We strive to keep accurate records of our ancestral lineage and make sure our relatives all receive their saving ordinances, such as baptism. Writing our own personal family history is also important to us as we preserve our memories and records for future generations to receive.
- Why Baptism for the Dead?
- How to Write Your Personal Family History
- Why Is Keeping a Journal Important?
- Journal Keeping Techniques
- Journal Keeping Tips For Success
Latter-day Saints love to celebrate the holidays, especially because we get to spend more time with our families and make lasting memories and create new traditions. Many of the holidays we celebrate are to remind us of important spiritual events as well, such as Christ's birth at Christmas, His Resurrection at Easter, and Pioneer Day.
- What Holidays do Latter-day Saints Celebrate?
- How to Achieve Your New Years Resolutions
- Valentine's Day Activities
- What Is Easter?
- How Mormons Celebrate Easter
- Easter: the Resurrection of Christ