As the Only Begotten Son of God, Jesus Christ
was chosen to be our Savior to fulfill God's plan of salvation
, but why do we need a savior? Share your answer with us and your response will be posted here.
We need a Savior because...
- We all have sinned against God and after Adam and Eve sinned-all people were born with the law of sin in them-our wild nature that cannot be tamed. Thankfully, as believers, we receive a new nature-Christ's nature. The two are constantly fighting with each other. We need to walk in the Spirit in order to not walk in the flesh. None of us is good enough to get to heaven. Only the blood of Jesus (God in the flesh) can satisfy God's wrath against sin because Jesus was the perfect sacrifice-the Lamb that was slain before the foundations of the earth-He knew we'd sin so He agreed to be slain before He laid the foundations of the earth. All who call on the name of Jesus will be saved. We want to work out our salvation and come to love God's mercy (God doing for us what we couldn't do for ourselves) and walk humbly with our God. Focus on loving God and people because love covers a multitude of sin. If we sin, confess to Him and be cleansed. There is no condemnation. Cling to Jesus!
- —Guest Tracey Canzano
Jesus Christ the Savior
- We need a Savior because we have ignored the commandments, and live according to our will and not the word of God. We are lost and follow the desires of our hearts, we sin and lean on our own understanding. My Savior suffered on the cross so that we can be saved from our sins and live according the word of God, without Him in our lives we would face destruction.
- —Guest Thandi833@ovi.com
Gave his life for friends.
- Jesus gave his life for us, and in the Book of John 15:13-15 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."
If our Saviour, Jesus Christ, can become our friend and already has given his life for us what else do we need? Accept his offer, he is faithful.
- —Guest Stephen Shahpur
Jeseus as my spiritual brother
- I love Jesus, he's my spiritual brother, without him I wouldn't be able to have salvation, or save myself from my sins.
- —Guest Lianne Mapp
We have all sinned.
- We need a Savior because we all have sinned and to return back to live with our Father for eternity we need a Savior to die for our sins, so Jesus our brother died that we can return home to our Father forever.
- —Guest lucy bateman
None of Us are Perfect
- The Savior is the only person who ever lived without sin and He always had the opportunity of an unending connection with His purpose and His Father. Returning to God's kingdom (as we all were there before we were born) requires spotlessness, but none of us can attain that ourselves. Repentance brings us closer to God but ultimately only lives lived in accordance with the gospel of Jesus Christ and the required ordinances and covenants, coupled with the power of God, which is also called the Priesthood, bring us to Him. 'Enduring to the end' will also help us qualify for receiving what the Savior offers. Its not just words or feelings, it is real and tangible "making a difference" and allowing God the Father and His Son (our Savior) Jesus Christ, to change our lives and our hearts. That has an impact everywhere we go and everything we do and how we treat people anywhere. We're still forever imperfect but He makes up the difference in everything that is required which we lack, for all things that are important.
- —Guest DiVeena Jensen
- Human beings fall short of glory of god due to sin. By Adam all of us were under wrath and judgment of almighty. Law says shedding of blood is must for forgiveness. So god sent his only begotten son to shed his sinless blood to save sinners.
- —Guest NAGESH SHANBHAG
Part of the Plan
- We human beings fall short of the glory of God because of the fall of Adam. God in his perfect plan put on flesh to conquer the things that make us unholy, because He created them so in his eternal mercy He came and conquered temporal life and death that we may have an easier way of salvation and not through the law alone.
- —Guest miguel
Atonement and Repentance
- We not only need to believe in Jesus' atonement, but we also need to use it in our daily lives by repenting of our sins. His atonement not only covers our sins, but any wrong and hurtful thing that has been caused by ourselves or by others. We can be healed spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and even physically by Him.
- —Guest Rosy
We need a savior
- We need a savior because we are supposed to be doomed. We are bound to go to hell because of our sins and separation from God. Thanks be to God, because of Jesus he died on the cross for us to save us from eternal damnation.
- —Guest Jasmel
- Because no one is perfect. Without a savior, we could never return to our Father in heaven. The savior's sacrifice saves us from spiritual and physical death. That is why we call him our Savior. He is saving us from damnation.
- —Guest Liz
We Are Finite Beings
- We need a Savior because we are finite beings and we break infinite laws. The Savior is an infinite being and can suffer for the broken laws and bring us back into the presence of God.
Only Begotten Son
- Jesus Christ is the firstborn spirit child of God, and although each of us is a spirit son or daughter of God, the Eternal Father, only Jesus Christ is God's son in the flesh. Born of the virgin Mary, Jesus Christ is the only begotten son of the Father.
- —Guest nicholas
The Way, The Truth, The Life
- Do we even need a reason beyond the fact that He is GOD? the Creator and Most High...
- —Guest Lauren
To Satisfy Judgment
- We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God the Father sent his only son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, and he was buried and rose from the dead. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your savior, you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
- —Guest almira su