Profile of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf:
First Presidency of the Church:
An Apostle of God:
As an apostle, President Uchtdorf is a special witness of Jesus Christ. To learn more about an apostle's witness of Jesus Christ please read the Church proclamation, The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles, (pdf version).
The Life of Dieter F. Uchtdorf:
In 1959 President Uchtdorf joined the German Air Force and received his wings in the United States as a jet fighter pilot. Dieter has worked as a pilot, airline captain, and held several management positions within the Lufthansa German Airlines, including chief pilot and senior vice president of flight operations.
In 1962 at 22 years of age Dieter married Harriet Reich Uchtdorf. They have two children and several grandchildren.
The Power of an Apostle:
Ever since I first heard him speak, I have paid special attention to President Uchtdorf's talks and articles, and have found them to contain the power that comes from an apostle of God. Here are some of his fabulous talks.
Talks by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf:
- Forget Me Not, September 2011 General Relief Society Meeting; November 2011 Ensign.
- You Matter to Him, October 2011 General Conference; November 2011 Ensign.
- Waiting on the Road to Damascus, April 2011 General Conference; May 2011 Ensign.
- Continue in Patience, April 2010 General Conference; May 2010 Ensign.
- Of Things That Matter Most, October 2010 General Conference; November 2010 Ensign.
- Happiness Your Heritage, September 2008 General Relief Society Meeting; November 2008 Ensign.
Videos With President Uchtdorf:
"Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.Also see my blog posts, "We Are Compassionate Creators of a Compassionate and Creative Being" and "Patience is a Process of Perfection" for additional quotes by Dieter F. Uchtdorf that I love.
"It's wonderful that you have strengths.
"And it is part of your mortal experience that you do have weaknesses.
"God wants to help us to eventually turn all of our weaknesses into strengths, but He knows that this is a long-term goal. He wants us to become perfect, and if we stay on the path of discipleship, one day we will. It's OK that you're not quite there yet. Keep working on it, but stop punishing yourself" ("Forget Me Not," September 2011 General Relief Society Meeting; November 2011 Ensign).
Dieter Uchtdorf's Church Service:
Timeline of President Uchtdorf's Church Service
Below is a timeline of President Uchtdorf's service within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since becoming a general authority.
- 02/03/2008 - Second Counselor to President Thomas S. Monson
- 10/02/2004 - Ordained an Apostle in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- 08/15/2002 - Member of the Presidency of the Seventy
- 04/07/1996 - First Quorum of the Seventy
- 04/02/1994 - Second Quorum of the Seventy