The Daily Scripture Study Challenge
- Commit that you will participate in the daily scripture study challenge
- Spend 15-30 minutes each day studying the scriptures
- Write down what you studied and learned from your scripture study in one of the following ways:
- Post your experiences and thoughts in the comments of the blog post: "Daily Scripture Study Challenge".
- Post your daily scripture study progress on this page's Facebook discussion board.
- Post your thoughts in the LDS Community Forum under the Daily Scripture Study thread.
- Write your thoughts in your scripture study notebook or spiritual journal.
Anyone, of any faith, can join this challenge. All you have to do is study a book of scripture, such as the Bible, and share your thoughts with us in the forum. Those who are already studying the scriptures every day can accept the challenge too- you would be a great benefit in helping others achieve their goal as well.
What to Study?
There's no right or wrong way to study the scriptures. You can start at the beginning of any book of scripture and work your way through to the end, or your study can bounce around throughout all the scriptures. You can also study specific topics and seek spiritual guidance for your life. If you're in the middle of studying the scriptures then you're ready to accept the challenge and move forward with your daily scripture study!
Your scripture study each day should probably stay focused within the main books of scripture and the talks from General Conference but you can (and should) supplement your study with additional resources, such as the Seminary and Institute Manuals.
Scripture Study Resources
- 10 Ways to Study the Word of God
- Scripture Study Techniques
- Scripture Reading Charts
- How to Calculate Your Scripture Study
- How to Link to the Scriptures Online
Be Accountable: Join the Challenge and Post Your Results
This is one of the most important parts in achieving your daily scripture study goal! If you aren't accountable to anyone (yourself, God, and/or others) it makes it so much harder to achieve. Accepting the challenge, joining the forum, and posting your study is very important. What's great is that as you gain insights (no matter how small) you can share them with us! Together we can help one another in achieving this wonderful goal to study our scriptures every day.
Don't be shy. Join the challenge and share your insights with us each day. It only takes 15 minutes. What do you have to lose? And what do you have to gain?