Things You'll Need
- Paper (colored construction paper works well)
- Bat outline (pdf files below)
- Pencil or pens
- Markers, colored pencils, or crayons (optional)
- Decorations, such as googly eyes (optional)
- You can either print the outlines of the bat finger puppets (pdf files below) onto white or colored paper or you can print the half outline (Bat Craft 5 below) and cut them out for patterns.
- For the half outlines fold your card stock in half, trace the half outline with the middle of the bat on the fold, and cut out.
- For the other bats (already printed) just cut them out!
- Next fold your bat in half and make two small cuts in the center of the bat. Here's a picture: Bat Cut Sm or Bat Cut Lrg
- Unfold, and push the center cut down, making it pop open underneath the bat.
- Weave your finger through the paper slot under the bat.
- Move your hand up and down to make its wings flap!
- Bat Craft 1 (outline)
- Bat Craft 2 (outline with face)
- Bat Craft 3 (orange outline)
- Bat Craft 4 (black with orange)
- Bat Craft 5 (half outline for tracing)
See the Trunk-or-Treat Halloween Activity and the Craft category for more craft ideas.