Where is the Proof that Heavenly Father is Real?
Alma, a Book of Mormon prophet answered this question. He said:
The scriptures are laid before thee, yea, and all things denote there is a God; yea, even the bearth, and call things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its dmotion, yea, and also all theeplanets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.
This world, or any of the world's that exist are proof that Heavenly Father is real. Through Jesus Christ, He organized and created the universe we live in, people, animals, plant life, the seasons, the terrain, everything!
The world and everything in it did not come into existence by chance or happenstance. The order, organization and everything you see testifies that He is real.
People know that you are real because they see you or see evidence that you exist, or did exist. When things you create endure, it is proof of your existence. It is the same with Heavenly Father.
What Are Heavenly Father's Characteristics?
Because we are created in His image, we can conclude that Heavenly Father looks like us. He makes this claim himself, as have mortal beings fortunate enough to see him with their own eyes. However, there are some differences.
Heavenly Father's body is like ours but, instead of flesh and blood, His body is flesh and bones. The distinction is important. Our bodies can die, His cannot. His body is perfected and glorified, whereas ours are not quite there yet.
His body looks like ours. He has arms, legs, head etc.; but his body is more advanced: perfected and glorified. Besides the physical differences, His other abilities are much more advanced: perfected and glorified.
Attributes of Heavenly Father:
- He is omniscient. This means he sees, understands and comprehends everything.
- He is omnipresent. This means he is everywhere at the same time.
- He is omnipotent. This means he is all powerful.
Why do I Need to Know Heavenly Father?
He wants us to know him, because He wants us to become like him.
Consider some of your friends and acquaintances. Have you ever relied on their knowledge, expertise or skills for something? When they help you with a problem in your life, it makes you glad you know them and can rely on them.
Since Heavenly Father knows everything, is all powerful, is aware of everything and understands everything, it makes sense that we would want to know Him. Can you imagine a better friend, source, ally etc., to have?
How Should Knowing All This Change My Life?
- Since Heavenly Father is omnipresent and omniscient, it makes sense that he knows about everything that is going on everywhere. Since we cannot, we should trust more highly in His judgment than in our own.
- Since Heavenly Father is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent, it makes sense for us to learn about Him.
- Since Heavenly Father has a body like ours, and created our bodies, it makes sense that we can become like Him. We need to find out how to do so.
- Since Heavenly Father is omniscient, it makes sense to learn directly from Him or through those people He personally directs.
- Since Heavenly Father is omnipotent, it makes sense for us to rely on Him and trust in his power. This makes more sense than relying on our own power or someone else's power, unless He has endowed them with His power.
- Since Heavenly Father exists, it makes sense that we can communicate with Him.
- We should rely on Heavenly Father's direct communication to those He has empowered to speak for Him on this earth, whether written or verbal.
- We should listen and obey Him in all things.
- Since Heavenly Father created the world, it makes sense for us to find out why and what purpose He had in doing so.