What We Believe About God:
- God is Our Heavenly Father
"Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?" (Hebrews 12:9)
- Before we were born on earth we lived with him as spirits.
- He is the father of our spirits and we are his children.
- Our bodies were created in his image.
(See D&C 130:22-23)
- There are three separate beings that make up the Godhead: God (our Heavenly Father), Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost
- The members of the Godhead are ONE in purpose
"The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s..." (D&C 130:22)
- He has an eternal, perfect, physical body of flesh and bones.
- He does not have blood like mankind.
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Matthew 5:48)
- He is a perfect being and we have been commanded to become like him.
- He loves everyone of us.
"God, who created all things by Jesus Christ." (Ephesians 3:9)
- Through Jesus Christ, he created all things.
- He is the ruler of the universe and all things in it.
"Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite." (Psalms 147:5)
- He is all powerful.
- He knows all things, past, present and future.
- Through the power of his Spirit he can be everywhere.
"But now mine own eyes have beheld God; but not my natural, but my spiritual eyes, for my natural eyes could not have beheld; for I should have withered and died in his presence; but his glory was upon me; and I beheld his face, for I was transfigured before him." (Moses 1:11)
- A person without sin can see God.
- To see God a person must be transfigured: changed by the Spirit to a state of glory.
- Supreme Governor
- Supreme Being
- Father of Mankind
Poll: Do you believe in God?