You can just have the Trunk-or-Treat part outside or you can have a combined indoor/outdoor party. Here are some fun Halloween activities you can do:
- Let people know the estimated number of children that will be there so they can know how much candy to bring.
- If Halloween is on a Sunday you can hold the Trunk-or-Treat activity on Saturday the 30th.
- Those who don't have trunks (or cars) can also hand out candy by standing in-between the cars.
- People can even decorate their cars!
- Pumpkin Carving Contest: People can bring their previously carved pumpkins to be judged and prizes can be given out at the end.
- Bat Craft: These are easy to make and decorate. Their wings flap too!
- Bobbing for Apples: A barrel, water, apples, and lots of towels.
- Halloween Carol Sing Along: Common songs where the lyrics are replaced with Halloween words. Here are some links:
- Other Crafts and Activities:
- Trunk Decorating Contest: You could make this an optional activity for those who would like to decorate the trunk of their vehicle for the Trunk-or-Treat part of the activity and prizes can be given out.
Wondering about the LDS Church's policy on Halloween? See a previous post called, "Is it Okay to Celebrate Halloween?"
See the LDS Activity category for more ideas.