The Bottom Line
The Settlers of Zarahemla is a board game based on the popular, Settles of Catan, using a Book of Mormon theme involving building settlements, cities, roads, and the temple while the Gadianton Robbers steal your resources. Through strategic placement and a bit of luck you earn resources that are used to build up the city of Zarahemla. Be the first to receive twelve victory points and you win, but be careful or your opponent might out build you, causing you to lose points while theirs increase!
- Quality Product With Sturdy Pieces
- Changeable Board For a New Game Every Time
- Strategic Game, Yet Easy to Learn
- Takes Some Time to Setup the Game
- All the items for this game are of very good quality. Game Contents:
- Fold out board game, 5 hexagonal strips, 18 number tokens, 4 sets of pieces (4 different colors)
- 90 resource cards, 29 development cards, 40 temple stones, 4 building cost cards
- 3 special point cards, 1 Gadianton Robber piece, 2 dice, and 1 rule book
Guide Review - The Settlers of Zarahemla - LDS Board Game
This LDS board game is tons of fun! It's perfect to play with two, three or four players, as a family home evening game, or just for fun. This ever changing game comes with a mix of strategy and luck which makes it a good challenge. The game does take a bit of time to learn but once you've played once or twice you'll get the feel for it. The only disadvantage for this game is the time it takes to setup before beginning play. Other than that this game is great! My husband and I play it often and have been amazed at how fun it is. There is an element of surprise because you may think you're going to win when your opponent comes from behind and wins the game. Two player games go quickly, so we sometimes make the required point value higher to make the game longer. With three or four players there's a lot of trading involved, making a wonderful group game. The quality is great and the degree of strategy/luck is a lot of fun to try to master. I highly recommend this game! SimplyFun also has a beginners version of this game called Simply Catan.