Directions: For younger children explain (or ask questions about) the Plan of Salvation. Let them paste the images on the board.
For older children hand out the eight scriptures/definitions and all the pictures. Have them read them in order and those who have the corresponding images can put them on the board.
Afterwards (for both younger/older children) show the image of Jesus and how he has already completed Heavenly Father's plan and move the image to each section as you briefly talk about Jesus' example. Next show how we can follow his example by obeying Heavenly Father's commandments too.
Plan of Salvation Files:
- Plan of Salvation Small Clipart: Color (PDF; Includes instructions)
- Plan of Salvation Small Clipart: Black/White (PDF; Includes instructions)
- Plan of Salvation Large Clipart: Color (PDF)
- Premortal Life
- Mortal/Earth Life
- Spirit World
- Celestial Kingdom
- Terrestrial Kingdom
- Telestial Kingdom
- Outer Darkness
You can also choose to print other images of the Plan of Salvation.
Scriptures and Definitions:
- 1. Jeremiah. 1: 5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee."
- 2. Definition of Begotten: To be born.
- 3. Genesis 1: 1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
- 4. Genesis 27: 2 "And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death."
- 5. Definition of Spirit World: The place where the spirits of those who have departed from this life await the resurrection of the body.
- 6. Acts 24: 15 "There shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust."
- 7. The final judgment will occur after the resurrection. God, through Jesus Christ, will judge each person to determine the eternal glory he will receive. This judgment will be based on each persons obedience to Gods commands, including his acceptance of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- 8. At the final judgment, each person will be assigned to an eternal dwelling place in a specific kingdom of glory, except those who are sons of Perdition. There is one glory of the sun, and another of the moon, and another of the stars.
- (Optional) Abraham 3: 27 "And the Lord said: Whom shall I send? And one answered like unto the Son of Man: Here am I, send me. And another answered and said: Here am I, send me. And the Lord said: I will send the first."
See this list of additional Sharing Time Ideas.