Directions: Tape the pictures randomly on a chalk board or place them on the floor, face down. Have the children take turns turning over the pictures. When they find a match take time to talk about the picture of Jesus and how we can better follow his example.
Note: Our primary is divided into Jr. and Sr. sharing time groups so for the Jr. group I had each child turn over one picture, when a match was found we talked about it. This activity worked really well for our new sunbeams, we had 11 of them! With the Sr. group I printed out the following scriptures (located in the PDF) and had the children read them and then discuss how we can follow Jesus' example.
- 3 Nephi 14:7-8 Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.
- Moro. 10: 4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
- John 15: 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
- 3 Nephi 18:6-7 Even as I have broken bread and blessed it and given it unto you this shall ye do in remembrance of my body, which I have shown unto you. And it shall be a testimony unto the Father that ye do always remember me. And if ye do always remember me ye shall have my Spirit to be with you.
- 2 Ne. 9: 23 And he commandeth all men that they must repent, and be baptized in his name, having perfect faith in the Holy One of Israel, or they cannot be saved in the kingdom of God.
- Luke 15: 4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
- Mosiah 2:22 And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land; and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.
- Alma 42:23 And mercy cometh because of the atonement; and the atonement bringeth to pass the resurrection of the dead; and the resurrection of the dead bringeth back men into the presence of God....