Directions: Separate the parents and children into two groups. Ask 3-6 questions to the children about their parent, have them write down what they believe the answer is on a piece of paper and to hold it in their lap (younger children can just say what they think out loud). Have the parents truthfully answer the question, then have their child show the answer they wrote on their paper. After asking a few questions switch sides and have the parent answer questions about their child/children. (Similar to a "Newly Wed" game.)
- What is the name of your child's school teacher?
- What is the name of your child's best friend?
- What's your child's favorite game?
- What's your child's favorite subject at school?
- Does your dad/mom really like Family Home Evening?
- What is your favorite Family Home Evening activity?
- If dad/mom had a zillion dollars how would he/she spend it?
- Who is your parent's favorite conference speaker? (for older children)
- What's your dad's favorite "chick flick"? Mom's favorite action movie?
Idea Submitted by: Christal
Return to the list of Sharing Time Ideas.