This quiz goes along with the Hollywood Squares game
but it's still fun to test your knowledge of the Relief Society Organization. (There was an error with one of the questions so now this is a 29 question quiz.)
Play this Relief Society Quiz Online!
1. What was the first auxiliary organization in the Church?
b. Relief Society
2. What is the Relief Society moto?
3. Who was the longest serving General Relief Society President?
4. The Relief Society is the oldest and largest womens organization in the world. What date was it officially organized?
a. March 20, 1832
b. March 17, 1840
c. March 17, 1842
d. March 20, 1842
5. Who was the first General Relief Society President?
6. The Relief Society was organized under the direction of which President of the Church?
a. Joseph Smith
b. Brigham Young
c. Wilford Woodruff
7. Who was the General Relief Society President in the Sesquicentennial Year?
8. Who was the General Relief Society President during the centennial celebration in 1942?
9. During the drought of 1879 the Relief Society made an interest free loan to the church. What was it they loaned interest free?
a. $20,000 cash
b. Garden seed for the next springs planting
c. 30,000 bushels of wheat
10. During World War I (1917-1919) the Red Cross had an approximate membership of 50,000 women in the United States. Of that number, approximately how many were also members of the Relief Society?
11. Who is the current General Relief Society President?
12. How many Hymns did Eliza R. Snow write in the current hymn book?
13. Name three of the Hymns written by Eliza R. Snow.
14. Who was the mother of Eliza R. Snow?
15. How long did it take to write the Relief Society Declaration?
a. 3 hours
b. 3 days
c. 3 months
d. 3 years
16. Which General Relief Society President threatened to leave her husband because he had a bar in the house?
17. On June 3, 1918, why did the President of the United States, Heber Hoover, write a letter of appreciation to the church?
a. For the copper donated from the Salt Lake copper mine for the war effort
b. For the contribution by the Church and Relief Society in the purchase of war bonds
c. For the contribution of wheat and flour for war use
18. How many sisters were admitted as members when the Relief Society was founded?
19. Which Relief Society President was also the president of the National Council of Women?
20. What General Relief Society President was also the chairman of the Childhood and Family Committee of the National Council of Women?
21. When did the Visiting Teaching program begin?
22. When was the Relief Society Building dedicated?
23. How long after the establishment of the church did Emma Smith make a selection of hymns for the church?
24. Which General Relief Society president enjoyed cruising on the steamer "Maid of the Iowa" with her husband?
25. Who are the "Singing Mothers"?
26. Which of the following is a program from which the Relief Society has never been responsible for:
a. Church Compassionate and Welfare Services
b. Educational Program
c. Nurse Training
d. Church Building and Construction
e. Temple and Burial Clothing Departments
27. What was the actual official name of the Relief Society when it was first organized in 1842?
a. The Benevolent Society of Nauvoo
b. The Female Relief Society of Nauvoo
c. The Benevolent Relief Society Sisterhood of Nauvoo
28. What circumstances initiated the organization of the Relief Society? A desire of the sisters to:
a. Unite in building work clothes for those working on the temple
b. Unite and bring to the attention of the brethren the mess left after Church and Priesthood meetings
c. Get out of the house and have a social club for activities
29. Which General Relief Society President postponed and eventually canceled the grand centennial Relief Society Celebration titled "Womans Century of Light"?
(Here are the Answers
! Also, don't miss this other Relief Society Quiz
of 15 questions.)