1. Religion & Spirituality

New LDS Church Locator Tool

By June 23, 2008

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has released a beta version of a new tool for finding local church buildings at http://beta.maps.lds.org/, which will replace the current meetinghouse locator. When you type in a location the results will show the closest meetinghouses as well as the assigned wards/branches for the area. This new tool is great because it's much more user friendly and interactive. You can also choose between maps hosted by Microsoft or Google.

In the search results the acronym YSA means Young Single Adult and is a branch or ward for those who are single and between the ages of 18 and 30. Listings that say "student single" are the same as YSA except regular worshipers also have to be students of the local university/college. Visitors are always welcome to worship with us, so feel free to find a LDS Church building near you as well as the time of worship, who the bishop is, and even directions on how to get there.

Thanks to LDS Media Talk (previously LDSWebGuy) for this news. Their blog post, "New Meetinghouse Locator on LDS.org - Beta Release" also gives a list of the new features available with this application.
Comments
July 1, 2008 at 4:52 pm
(1) Maggie says:

This tool is so nice it actually displays (current) information for the wards in Mexico where I live. I wish they would just update the Mexican LDS site more often…

July 21, 2008 at 2:28 pm
(2) The Clintster says:

I’m going to Bermuda soon and this was no help in finding the branch there. It exists, but no info is available thru this site or the current meetinghouse locator site. I even put in the own home ward address in St Louis and it came up with another building 15 miles away. Still have some bugs to work out!
I’d love to be impressed with it!!!!

November 13, 2008 at 8:34 pm
(3) SHane says:

Typically google tools are great but i do not like this one because it does not do its intended function. I know there are 3 churches where I am looking and i can not find a single one through this tool. Please update it soon. I feel I will have better success through a phone book.

November 14, 2008 at 9:00 am
(4) Mike says:

Does not work.

Please let someone know this. Thanks!

September 26, 2009 at 11:34 pm
(5) Lew Swain says:

We couldennt get the system to bring up a ward location in Richardson Texas .Sorry

October 18, 2009 at 12:36 pm
(6) Raquel T. Diaz says:

Website does not work.

August 18, 2010 at 2:33 pm
(7) JC Lloyd says:

I needed to send flowers for a funeral to the church listed on the obituary, but when I went to place the order the address came up as a appartment complex, so I came to your site and I found the correct address. thank you.

August 23, 2010 at 5:20 pm
(8) Agada says:

I have used the site a couple of times it worked for me.

June 6, 2011 at 10:49 pm
(9) Estef says:

It really worked. It just takes like a minute to dowload and it opens a new window.