1. Religion & Spirituality

New Scripture Mastery Songs

By October 19, 2007

The Sons of Ammon updated the "Apostle" Scripture Mastery Songs from the D&C to reflect the changes in the 1st Presidency and 12 Apostles. They also submitted new tracks that only contain the music (with no words) for all of the Old Testament songs so seminary students can practice singing the Scripture Mastery Scriptures on their own. These files, in wma format, are called minus tracks which you can download individually or in one zip file. The second song, for Moses 7:18, doesn't have it's own minus track because the original song was sung a capella and, as one of the Sons of Ammon said to me, "if there were it would be silent."
Comments
October 26, 2008 at 3:56 pm
(1) Becky says:

We love these songs! Were were just curious if there are going to be minus tracks available for the other sets. We are thinking of doing a scripture mastery karaoke with these songs.

October 26, 2008 at 11:20 pm
(2) Jen says:

Thank you so much for these wonderful songs! They’re so much fun and so great! Thanks!

October 27, 2008 at 1:48 pm
(3) lds says:

Yes, there will eventually be minus tracks for all of these songs. Thank you for your comments and compliments, the Sons of Ammon have done a great job with these Scripture Mastery Scripture Songs!

October 27, 2008 at 3:04 pm
(4) Janet K. Cook says:

Have they updated the First Presidency/12 Apostles song recently?

October 27, 2008 at 3:13 pm
(5) lds says:

Yes, the Apostles song is current and is located at the bottom of the D&C Scripture Mastery Songs.

April 5, 2009 at 5:12 pm
(6) Charity says:

My fingers are crossed that the Sons of Ammon will update the Apostle Song soon. I teach this to my senior primary kids, and the boys love it more than they love Once there was a snowman backwards. And that is saying something!

April 16, 2009 at 3:44 pm
(7) lds says:

The song has been updated!

May 28, 2009 at 5:13 pm
(8) Debbie says:

My seminary class LOVES the scripture mastery songs and Apostles song. THANK you Sons of Ammon for sharing your talents.

I noticed a month ago that the NT SM songs had been updated after I had downloaded for our 1st lesson in Aug 08. Just curious before I download the BoM SM songs for our 1st day Aug 10,09… will the BoM songs be updated as well?

THANK YOU again and again for giving a fresh and fun way to learn SM.

Debbie, AZ

June 2, 2009 at 1:58 pm
(9) lds says:

Debbie,

There will be a few revisions for the Book of Mormon and the Sons of Ammon will probably be done by the end of July.

June 14, 2009 at 4:59 pm
(10) Jennifer says:

I love this song and taught the last one to my primary. I’m wondering if there is a way that I can download the updated version so I can take it to church again and teach it. Is there a download available that anyone knows of and would you be willing to share the link if there is? Thanks!

June 15, 2009 at 11:48 am
(11) Rachel Woods, Guide to Latter-day Saints says:

Jennifer, thank you for your comment, and question. Yes the updated song for the 1st Presidency and 12 Apostles can be downloaded from the D&C page.

It’s at the bottom under the “Extras” section.

March 8, 2010 at 1:05 pm
(12) Byron R. Harris says:

Hi,
I’m a seminary student from The UK, and I’m in my third year. These tunes have really helped me to learn the Scriptures so well, and I’ve burned CDs for all the other branches in our little stake to use. I was just wondering if you have guitar chords or tablatures for these songs so I can play them for fun, and do a little piece for the Stake Talent night? If you do, it would be awesome if you could post a link for me… If not, dont worry! Thankyou for your time.

Byron. x

September 30, 2010 at 3:16 pm
(13) lotus says:

my 7 year old has started to memorize the BoM songs! thanks for creating them!
Is there a set for the articles of faith? We have found that the songs from the Children’s hymn book just don’t work for us.
Thanks!

October 2, 2010 at 11:04 am
(14) Rachel Bruner, Latter-day Saint Guide says:

Yes, these songs are great. As of right now, I am unaware of any songs by the Sons of Ammon for the Articles of Faith but that’s a good suggestion.

October 26, 2010 at 8:14 pm
(15) Teri says:

We are learning the D&C Scripture Mastery right now and these songs are a great help. However, the JSH is not the complete 15-20. Is there a place I can get the complete mastery?

October 27, 2010 at 5:31 pm
(16) Rachel Bruner, Latter-day Saint Guide says:

Teri: The Sons of Ammon decided not to do this section because the JSH is so long, thus there isn’t one available, sorry!

July 1, 2011 at 2:25 pm
(17) Nature Freak says:

That is so not fair. If you are gonna put out scripture mastery verses as songs, then turn around and make them shorter, you may as well not do any at all! After all the whole point of these songs are to help us pass off verses in seminary, and we can’t do that if it is shortened or pieces missing! They have to put the song out, we need the whole thing!

July 6, 2011 at 9:34 am
(18) Rachel Bruner, Latter-day Saint Guide says:

Nature Freak: The Scripture Mastery Scripture Songs posted on this site contain the entire song. They have not been shortened but each song is the full complete verse(s) of scripture. Perhaps there was a problem when you downloaded them, so you might want to try downloading them again.

September 7, 2011 at 8:17 pm
(19) Nature Freak says:

Yes they have, Joseph Smith History has been shortened to only verse 17 whereas in seminary we have to memorize the entire thing!

September 7, 2011 at 8:18 pm
(20) Nature Freak says:

Joseph Smith History is shortened.

February 11, 2012 at 10:57 am
(21) Sifting Sand says:

A sincere thanks to the Sons of Ammon for offering their time and their musical talent and creativity to put out these songs. My sons (I have 4) have learned so many of the scriptures because of them. Plus, the little jingles stay in my head so I work over the scriptures all day and the wording sinks deep into my mind and heart, so I have learned not only the scripture words better, but also pondered their meaning. Even my littlest guy knows many of the seminary scriptures. Just wanted to say thank you, and that your contribution is really benefiting our family.